While we never shut down or locked the doors to in-person worship and classes, most chose the prudent step of remaining home, with many watching the teaching and preaching from their homes. As of two weeks ago, we began actively encouraging members and visitors to return. We must remember that there is never a 100% safe scenario, with or without a virus such as SARS-CoV-2 (otherwise known as Coronavirus or COVID-19, which is the sickness it produces). But, in an effort to provide as safe an environment as we can, we have taken some additional steps beyond our usual cleaning routine to try to alleviate some degree of the worry experienced by some. These steps include (but are not limited to):
- Additional effort in cleaning and sanitizing often-touched surfaces.
- Provision of hand sanitizer at the main most-used entrances
- A limited number of disposable face masks have been made available and are stationed at these same entrances, or you may bring/wear your own.
- Fogging of the entire facility with a certified disinfectant/sanitizing product (Fresh15). This will be reapplied as-necessary to those spaces which have been utilized during the week.
We also ask:
- If you are sick, or exhibiting signs of ANY contagious disease, please stay home, for your sake as well as that of our brothers and sisters.
- If you are under a suggested or mandatory quarantine, please follow those guidelines.
- While we won’t “enforce” a 6ft. social distancing rule, we do ask that you respectfully maintain a reasonable distance from those who are not in your immediate household or family unless specifically invited by others.
- We are a “Hugging Church”, meaning we are not shy in loving others with an embrace. While this is much appreciated and perfectly acceptable, many who are at highest risk from this or any significant illness may prefer to maintain distance. So – before you hug someobody, or shake their hand – be sure its “ok” with them.
- Please practice diligent hand washing and use of hand sanitizer.
We look forward to seeing you face-to-face soon!