We are called to serve. Throughout Scripture, we see how Jesus came and served others as He came to give His life for sinners. As we seek to become more like Him, are called to be the hands and feet of Jesus. There are countless ways to serve, both within and outside the church, from the Audio/Visual and Technology teams, Worship Team, Building and Grounds, Missions & Outreach, IGNITE! Students Team, and the Kitchen Krew - there are many existing avenues to serve within the context of First Baptist. There are also numerous means of serving outside in conjunction with FBC. Below are just a few areas you might be led to serve:
- Audio/Visual Team - The "sound guy" but with a whole lot more responsibility! Each Sunday, we have at least two who serve in the sound booth to run sound, presentation/worship software, and video recording. This team is always looking for additional hands to train to help with this vital area of ministry.
- Technology - an extension of the A/V team, which help to keep up the various technology equipment and general tech - from projection media to print and software training, to acquisition. We also would love to have additional motivated and driven individuals to help with both our social media presence as well as helping to maintain and continually improve this web site!
- Worship Team - We believe that every part of our worship should point everyone present to our Savior, as well as to help prepare our hearts to receive the Word of God through the preaching and teaching. Our formal Worship Team includes instrumental musicians, vocalists, and our volunteer choir. We are always looking for people to put their musical abilities and gifts to use in our worship efforts and for various other opportunities! Come - give it a shot! Choir meets every Sunday at 5PM, instrumentalists meet on a floating basis. Please email for more information.
- Building & Grounds - This team is made up of volunteer "behind-the-scenes heroes"! They make sure we are warm when it's cold out, cool when it's hot out, that lights and plumbing function, and that our building remains visually attractive and inviting. There is always room for more helping hands!
- Missions & Outreach - helps to coordinate our ministries to reach those in our community in need of the Gospel, as well as seeking missionary speakers, promoting Missions giving, and organizing local mission outreach projects - a very literal demonstration of being the Hands & Feet of Jesus! This team also helps lead in canvassing for special events and outreach opportunities.
- Ignite! Students Team - serve both in the leadership positions as well as the management, organizing, and engaging of youth, leading them to become disciples of Jesus Christ - and to serve others. One might help with games and activities, monitoring for safety, driving a church van to pick up young people, and much more.
- Kitchen Krew! - These are the selfless folks who come early each Wednesday evenings to prepare a meal for everyone who comes to be a part of our Ignite! Ministries. These culinary servants also help to organize and serve when we have church-wide meals, community outreach food service, and special event feedings. Come spend a bit of time with these folks and you will want to serve along side them!
- Benevolence - While this ministry is led by an elected group, there are regularly projects going on to aid both members and non-members with meeting physical needs such as home repairs, ramp building, and general physical labor for those who are in need.
- OTHER -
- Beyond FBC-specific areas of service are international missions trips with BMMI, Volunteer Student Missions, Arkansas Baptist Disaster Relief (which our Pastor participates in), Arkansas Master'Singers, Fishers Of Men through the BMA of Arkansas Missions Department, and many countless other avenues to serve others!