With both the Whitehouse and Arkansas Governor Asa Hutchinson issuing guidelines to help slow the spread of COVID-19 and with the recent increase in cases here in NW Arkansas, First Baptist Church is making some adjustments in our ministry efforts to try to look out for one-another’s health. There is literally nothing in any of our lifetimes that would prepare us for the current situation, yet the spiritual health of our church members is still a primary responsibility. To that end, we are working to address this in a few ways. Please note that the very best-laid plans are subject to change based on conditions, mandates, and further restrictions that might be placed. But in brief, here is the direction we are headed:
- Beginning March 22, we are focusing on live streaming our services. While we have committed to not formally “cancelling” service, the doors will be open to any who desire to assemble. This being said, please exercise prudent safe distances, wash hands frequently, and use hand sanitizer.
- If you need help to access our livestream, feel free to reach out to Bro. Jason Cook or Brother Michael.
- If you are unable to connect to the livestream, consider connecting with someone who can. And for those who cannot connect either way, we will be archiving the messages and will work to get them to you in a format you can access as soon as possible.
- No decision has been made yet regarding Easter service, though at this point, it is highly unlikely we will be able to host our usual children’s activities, or our live sunrise service. But please keep in touch for updates and possible alternate opportunities.
- For the time being, we will dismiss Sunday evening’s FirstLIFE. Brother Michael is trying to put together some form of devotional or mini lesson that can be done online, but nothing is set in stone just yet. For our students who have been studying for Bible Quiz, we will try to get study materials out.
- Wednesday IGNITE! for both adults and youth/children will be dismissed at least until the school resumes. This does NOT preclude individual group/class leaders from putting together materials or activities that do not require in-person contact.
- GIVING/OFFERINGS – Please remember that the costs of church do not go away even when we are unable to meet together physically. There will also be some immediate costs involved in ramping up the livestream as well as other efforts. There will be a few ways to give during this time:
- ONLINE and App-based giving (Brother Jason is finalizing that and we will update this with more details as we can).
- Drop off offerings at the church when someone is present.
- Mail your offering (PO BOX 175, Cave Springs, AR. 72718)
- Or you can even request that someone pick it up from you at your home.
- STAY CONNECTED! If there is a need, we cannot know unless you inform us, spiritual, emotional, or physical. We know there will be some financial difficulties in the coming days and weeks, and not just among our members. If you become aware of a serious need, please let one of us know so that we can either try to help, or connect the person in need with those who can.
- Please make an effort to call or otherwise contact someone each week to check on them.
If you have suggestions of how we can better serve and help, do not hesitate to contact Brother Michael or any of our deacons or your Bible Fellowship/Sunday School/IGNITE! leaders. Together, we will endure, and just think about how glad we are when we can all come back together for worship!
For the Glory of God Alone,
Brother Michael Battenfield